Drunken Sailor

Friday, July 07, 2006

My poor thumb

I have a bit of a reputation for hurting myself. I don't know where it comes from but it's followed me my whole life. When I was a kid I was given the nickname Crash because of my habit of smacking into walls. There was also the years (yes years) that I sang "All I Want For Christmas Is My Three (yes three) Front Teeth" After the falling incidents involving a cupboard and a van.

On ship they might have learned of my ability to hurt myself the day I cracked my forhead open and cut my chin. Or the day my eye lost a fight with a bungee cord.

Now there's my thumb. I cut it last week maybe and skinned it not an hour later. Now the poor thing got sliced on my new cutlery.

In the military we have an accident report to write out after an injury. The form is called CF 98. Now I may be going out on a limb but the name CF Kleinty-Eight may be going too far. I have never broken a bone and my stitches count is only at two (excluding wisdom teeth surgery).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home