I caught crabs in Prince Rupert
Yes, and you can even buy t-shirts with this catchy little slogan on it. We sailed up to Rupert last weekend to show off our boat and I went crabbing with my uncle. I could get used to that. It was an all day evolution from the buying of the fishing licence to the eating of the fresh caught food. We probably caught 40 but only kept 9. I liked the one who didn't like buddy's leg on his head while chilling in the bucket so he just cut it off.
I have my A-ticket now! I know all of you would be excited if you knew what that was. It means I'm now qualified to stand watches by myself and I can get a long term contract and I don't have to spend every waking hour "studying". I've never been a very good student but this was a painful procedure. Imagine getting ready for a huge test but you don't know when it's going to be.
I am becoming quite educated in the sewage treatment plant though. Two black water spills (sewage, luckily it was treated) and a grey water spill (water from sinks, showers, laundry ect.) all within a couple days of eachother. I wonder why more people don't want to be engineers up to their ancles in shit.

3 Comments:
such a dirty title for a post...
Figures that PR would be the place for you to catch crabs though...
LMAO
Hooray Prince Rupert - did you go to Smile's cafe? They have great halibut. And did you go to Cowpuchino's - love it - actually Rupert is kind of a hole, but Cowbay and the shops are pretty rad. If you are up there again - definitley go to the restaurant Rain - is a little bit of Vancouver on the North Coast.
Memories, Memories... Regan
Post a Comment
<< Home