Nanaimo to Edmonton
Life would be much too borring if I stayed on just one ship, right? I've moved back to HMCS Edmoton, this time bringing the whole ship's company with me. Rumor has it that we'll be retrieving our bell in early February from the city of Edmonton. All that ways for a bell? Yes; the NAVY has very old, very important traditions and the ship's bell is not something you just send UPS.
With a name like Drunken Sailor comes rights and expectations (I wouldn't be so bold as to call them responsibilities). Of course, I would be expected to have a good time once in a while with a little help from fermented plants. I came through. I'll admit it. I enjoyed myself.
Our ship had a little Christmas mess dinner: the NCOs cook and the officers serve us lower ranked folk. Another great tradition in the NAVY is moose milk. I know there is icecream and rum goodness in it. And I was one of the few drinking white wine. As I told the cheif engineer, moose milk and wine mix well.
The afternoon, yes afternoon, ended up with me reviewing what I had eaten in the mess on another ship; and with me receiving a few nicknames: AB Pukey and Ralph Klein.
Sorry to the JRs mess of HMCS Brandon. Thanks to all those who were looking out for me especailly the person who got me home safely into my own bed.
Cheers

1 Comments:
Way to go Chrissy! My story is much enjoyable too. I celebrated my half bday (stupid summer bday), and have I got stories to share :0S
We'll have to have coffee sometime (it was you that called me and said you were coming to town, right?)
Post a Comment
<< Home