Drunken Sailor

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Intelligent Design Vs Evolution

Today the US court declared that teaching the theory of intelligent design is unconstitutional becasue it promotes religion in school. The ID school of thought does not claim ties with any religious institution but provides a scientifcally based alternative to the theory of evlolution.

What foolishness. Of course we are all sheep and we'll believe whatever is written in a textbook. I can't pretend that I know a lot about it all: I'm an arts student. But what I do know for a fact is that evolution is a theory like any other origins theory. NO ONE can intrinsically prove it because it happened in the past. And I also know that the more I read about the various theories I would find evolution hard to believe even if I wasn't a christian.

Believe in evolution? I challange you to find out what you're actually supporting. Yeah, it's all over textbooks and such but find out what the facts are. Research astronomy, geology, and biology. Check out dating methods of rocks and the galaxies. Many of them are being challanged right now. And if you're really courageous, check out the other side's point of view. Look up Intelligent Design and learn about what the Creationists stand for. It's not only bible talk and blind believers. Real live scientists actually believe this stuff. Einstein did and he was pretty smart.

Creationist? Do the same thing. Check out http://www.intelligentdesignnetwork.org/
http://www.answersingenesis.org/ has lots of info on the six day creation point of view.
Or look up Intelligent Design at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home