Drunken Sailor

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Whitehorse - *@#! Ya!

WUPS #2 - complete
Yes! I don't want to do work ups anymore. I have combated more fires than I care to think about. I was only "injured" once putting out an engine fire. I guess that's not bad odds. Too much of the breathing in of the smoke.

We didn't keep a quote of the day board but I do have a favorite: "Cox'n, I need one man undressed" durring a fire ex. One could ask, for example, for one man dressed in bunker gear (fire fighting gear). I guess one could then ask for another man undressed. Makes sense to me. I didn't see any streakers.

I also have to say that Whitehorse is probably the funnest mess that I've been a part of. (Civi definition: A mess on the ship is where you eat/socialize. I belong to the junior ranks mess) I'm glad that I got to sail with you all. Safen up and keep that flats pass handy!

There were no helicopters flying over my head or big frigates to save this time but I did help some casualties on Yellowknife. Well, to be honest, I had a bit of a rest and relaxation with fire hose in hand but if it was real I would have been right there in the action.

I tried my hand at attack team leader complete with red helmet, radio that didn't work and THE TIC CAM (Thermal Imaging Camera Camera) I'm glad my nozzleman knew what he was doing because I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life. I can't imagine how I would feel if there was actually a fire. Practice is required.

Today it was back on Edmonton to use my superior skills of cleaning strainers. It's good to be home.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're glad you're back Killer Klein!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Astley said...

Sounds like you're having a blast out there! Glad to hear you're doing well....miss ya tons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home