Drunken Sailor

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Roller coasters

I am in need of some moral support. On the list of things to do on my upcoming rode trip is TWO, yes TWO amusmant parks including Canada's Wonderland and Six Flags. Some of you may be thinking, "Wow, that sounds like fun, " but it's not.

My first roller coaster was at the Mall of America at Camp Snoopy. The name of the park tells you what kind of coaster it was. Very small and relaxing and fun.

Number two was at Les Galleries de la Capitale in la Ville de Quebec. Same thing; a quaint little ride.

So after the first two I thought to myself, what's the big deal? Roller coasters aren't bad at all.

Then there was that scary night in fall 2002 I believe. A few of us first years decided it would be fun to go for a ride at West Ed. I, with all my confidence, hop into the car with a friend. She sort of had a tension about her that I didn't understand. Once we got to the top I completely understood. The death like drop almost killed me right then and there. Then it went even faster and did crazy loops and turns and I couldn't even breath. My friend's knuckles were white when we finished from my squeezing it so hard.

I vowed that day to never again mount that terrible train. To this day the sound still digs up the horrible memories.

So now you understand my reluctance to get excited about the insanity to come. I have only a week left in which to prepare myself. I might have to pull out the candles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home