Drunken Sailor

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Fun in BC

My adventures in Québec are over. I miss it already. You all my not believe it but living with four other awsome people is not something you let go of too quickly (And if you four are reading this, I got 2 pairs of seaboots and they are like walking on air Yes Bye!) And if you're looking for some really terrible techno music to dance to, Quebec is your city. I did have an incident with a hill though. Just for reference sake, don't try rolling down steep hills when it's raining out or laugh when you've just drinken a lot of milk.

Four planes, 2 taxis, my car, and a shuttle bus later I have made it to the wonderful world of Esquimalt (right by Victoria). It's taken about 2 days to figure out what I'm doing and that will only last for a while. Right now I'm on the HMCS Edmonton. Yes, it is a real, live ship not like Nonsuch but it is alongside so don't freight, it's not going anywhere.

Plans from there, I'm supposed to be taking a course called NETP (Naval Enviroment Training Something) But who knows. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing tomorrow.

My real live ship is so cool. It's squatty (this is a newfoundland word that I learned recently. I means cramped) but it's got everything on it, even a bathroom. It's probably nicer than my room at Nelle's block (thats's where I'm staying).

Haven't met any Dave's out here yet. I'm sure there's got to be a few though.

I'll be in Esquimalt if anyone's looking for me.

2 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger neal said...

Saweet!!!

Although i dont get out to the island too often, I can think of a few days I will be... can you get away for an hour or two on the weekend?

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Astley said...

Hey neal...if you see her you gotta invite me too! Seeing as I won't be on the coast any time this summer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home